Winter Hiking and Camping in Grand Canyon: Rim to Rim
Hike the Grand Canyon’s most famous trails, see both rims in winter and experience diverse micro-climates on an epic six-day hiking adventure. This trip takes you down the South Kaibab Trail, which has arguably the best views in the Grand Canyon, up the North Kaibab Trail to the North Rim and back to the South Rim via the spectacular Bright Angel Trail. Starting and finishing on the South Rim, you’ll see waterfalls, Native American ruins, box canyons and more – it’s an incredible adventure. Sleep under the stars, see all the best sights and take in spectacular Grand Canyon views without the crowds on this very special small group hiking trip.
- South Rim - South Kaibab Trail Hike
- Grand Canyon - North Kaibab Trail to Cottonwood Campground Hike
- North Rim - Traverse Hike
- Grand Canyon - North Kaibab Trail to Bright Angel Campground Hike
- Grand Canyon - Pipe Creek Trail to Indian Garden Campground Hike
- Grand Canyon - Bright Angel Trail Hike
- Hike to Ribbon Falls where delicate ribbons of water tumble down a craggy rock face and you walk behind the veil of water created by the 100 foot high falls.
- During winter at the Grand Canyon, there are less tourists and snow regularly dusts the ground and the dramatic canyon valleys and peaks, creating a spectacular sight.
- Keep a lookout for rare flowering plants such as redbud trees and stream orchids, and squirrels and coyotes as you hike through the Grand Canyon’s semi-arid High Sonoran desert environment.
- Soak up the pristine natural surroundings in camping spots that put you right in the heart of stunning wilderness areas with top-of-the-line tents and all your camping gear provided.
- Enjoy freshly prepared, delicious backcountry dinners prepared by your leader and admire sparkling stars overhead if the weather is clear.
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and they know their destination better than anyone. So you’ll do more than just see a place, you’ll live it. Small groups, big adventures and responsible travel – that’s our thing. With 1,000 trips in a variety of styles across 100 countries, we’re sure you’ll find something you like. So let’s get started.
1. Real life experiences
What is travel but a search for something that can’t be Googled? We love the highlights, but the real magic for us happens well away from a beaten path. It’s the little noodle bars, hidden galleries and backstreet bodegas and real life experiences you won’t find in a search engine.
2. Connected by travel
The beauty of small group travel isn’t just new places, it’s new perspectives. It’s the stories you hear and the friendships you forge, the ones that stick around long after the tan has faded. Our travellers come from all walks of life; what unites them is where they’re going.
3. Travel works best when it's balanced
Time is your most precious resource, especially on a holiday. That’s why our trips are built with balance in mind. A little group time, a little you time – the way it should be. And because our tours have an average of just 10 people, there’s more of the world to go round.
4. With great travel comes great responsibility
The world’s a pretty amazing place, and we want to do our bit to keep it that way. And all it takes is a little dash of self-awareness, a slightly softer tread. Sustainable travel doesn’t mean no fun. It means that fun can be used to benefit others. Respect.
5. Adventure should be for everyone
Age, pillow preference, budget, travelling solo or together – it doesn’t matter where you’re from, what matters is where you’d like to go. Our mission is to deliver the best travel experiences to anyone who’s up for them. So no matter if you favour a soft landing or a wild take-off, Intrepid stands for you.
6. Our leaders are the greatest
We realised early on that the best folks to show you the heart of a destination are, funnily enough, the ones that live there. These are our leaders: travel experts and friendly locals who know their countries back to front, from every backstreet bar to every hidden gallery. They’re the big, smiling face of Intrepid (and we couldn’t be prouder).
|1||Flagstaff/Grand Canyon National Park - South Kaibab Trail Hike|
|2||Grand Canyon National Park - North Kaibab Trail Hike|
|3||Grand Canyon National Park - North Rim Hike (ascent)|
|4||Grand Canyon National Park - North Rim Hike (descent)|
|5||Grand Canyon National Park - Pipe Creek Hike|
|6||Grand Canyon National Park - Bright Angel Trail Hike & Flagstaff|